Below is the details as what have be given to me by Mr.Hamid.
The championship will compose eight (8) players and the winner will be declared the Malaysian Champion 2009. The players who will be invited is as follow :-
- The top four (4) Malaysian players on the FIDE July 2009 rating list;
- The top players ( first & second) from the recently concluded National Closed;
- The top Junior player (Under 21) from the National Junior Championship 2008; and
- One (1) player selected by the Malaysian Chess Federation.
The tournament will be conducted in three (3) rounds as follows:-
- Quarter Finals : (8) players , 4 games with reverse colours over 2 days
- Semi-Finals : ( 4 players), 4 games with reverse colours over 2 days
- Finals : ( 2 players), 6 games with reverse colours over 4 days
In the event that the preliminary games do not produce a definite result, as per FIDE regulations , a play-off with a two (2) round rapid tie break followed by blitz followed by a sudden death game. Pairings will be based as per FIDE World Cup regulations
As per FIDE regulations, there will be new draw based on rating of players for round 2 as per the principles of round 1 (i.e seeding based on rating followed by 1x4,3x4 principle)
The Price Fund will be distribute as follow:-
Champion x1 RM 4000
Runner Up x1 RM 2000
Losing Semi Finalist x 2 RM 1000 each
Losing Quarter Finalist x 4 RM 500 each
contact info : Mr. Abdul Hamid Majid (MCF) : firstname.lastname@example.org
note:- there's no confirm details about the playing venue yet but i'll update from time to time.
Disclaimer : This blog - HairulovchessTournaments/Events Announcement blog are provided for the convenience of all interest party and are for informational purposes only. Unless expressly indicated otherwise, this blog is not responsible for the accuracy of anything contained in these announcements. Those interested in additional information or having questions about any of these tournaments are directed to contact the organizer listed. This blog will exercise all due diligence in providing accurate information but assume no responsibility for errors made in such work.