The 2010 Penang Heritage City International Chess Open
This is an individual tournament, open to all players.
There are two groups of play: Open category for all players, and Challenger category for players rated below 2000 (FIDE ratings) or national rating 1750 and below.
· FIDE (International Chess Federation) rules and regulations shall apply. Results will be sent for FIDE rating calculations.
· Both groups will be played using the Swiss System, with 9 rounds for Open and Challenger. For the pairings, a Swiss Manager program will be used.
· The matches shall be conducted according to the schedule attached.
· Each player is accorded with a time control of 90 minutes plus 30 seconds per move.
· Five minutes before the games start, the Chief Arbiter shall make the announcement accordingly. If any player is not present within an hour after the game is started, he shall lose by default.
· FIDE regulations apply for mobile phones, which must be switched off during playing times. Penalty is automatic loss of game.
· Officials and players should be smartly attired at all times while in the playing hall.
Programme / Schedule
Day 1 (Wednesday, 8 December 2010)
0800-0830 Final Registration
0830-0900 Players' Briefing
0900-1300 Round 1
1500-1900 Round 2
Day 2 (Thursday, 9 December 2010)
0900-1300 Round 3
1500-1900 Round 4
Day 3 (Friday, 10 December 2010)
0900-1300 Round 5
1500-1900 Round 6
Day 4 (Saturday, 11 December 2010)
0900-1300 Round 7
1500-1900 Round 8
Day 5 (Sunday, 12 December 2010)
0900-1300 Round 9
1300 Closing / Prize-giving Ceremony
Entry Fee (RM)
Free entry for titled player (GM, IM, FM, NM)
Players are required to budget for their own board and lodgings, as well as transportation needs.
Please visit click here for online registration and here for list of players
Closing Date: 1st December 2010
Mr Tan Eng Seong
The organizers reserve the right to change the rules and regulations without prior notice.
Disclaimer : This blog - HairulovchessTournaments/Events Announcement blog are provided for the convenience of all interest party and are for informational purposes only. Unless expressly indicated otherwise, this blog is not responsible for the accuracy of anything contained in these announcements. Those interested in additional information or having questions about any of these tournaments are directed to contact the organizer listed. This blog will exercise all due diligence in providing accurate information but assume no responsibility for errors made in such work.